To support our objective of collaborating and engaging with industry, the ASA participates in various industry events throughout the year. Below are the materials that have been presented at past events.
|17 November 2016||
ASA Presentation to the Permanent Way Institution (PWI)
On Thursday 17 November, the ASA sponsored the last technical meeting for the year by the Permanent Way Institution (PWI):
• Andrea Parker, Chief Engineer, spoke about the ASA and its future strategic direction.
• John Paff, Lead Track Engineer, gave an introduction to light rail wheel rail interface.
|17 & 18 November 2016||
ASA Presentation to the International High-Performance Built Environments Conference (iHBE) - Sustainable Built Environment Conference 2016 Series (SBE16)
On Thursday 17 November, the ASA participated in the International High-Performance Built Environments Conference - Sustainable Built Environment Conference 2016 Series:
• Cielo Roldan, Principal Environmental Advisor, presented on the communal and economic benefits of the inclusion of green assets.
• Mark Smith, Principal Manager, Industry & Technical Development, spoke about the importance of collaboration within the ASA's assurance framework to make transport assets sustainable both economically and environmentally.
|21 October 2016||
ASA Presentation to the 2016 Asset Management Council Annual National Symposium - Value Driven Asset Management
|Presentation (pdf 1.4MB)|
|12 August 2016||
TfNSW Industry Briefing for Suppliers - Signalling and Control Systems Innovations
On Friday 12 August, in line with its broader strategic procurement and innovation policies, Transport for NSW (TfNSW), led by the Asset Standards Authority (ASA), Sydney Trains and Infrastructure & Services Division (I&SD), held a presentation to discuss streamlining and simplifying type approval and cross-acceptance processes for the introduction of innovative technologies to the Sydney metropolitan heavy rail network.
|Presentation (pdf 2.0MB)
|27 June 2016||
ASA Presentation to the Rail Technical Society Australasia (RTSA) June Meeting on SFAIRP - What does it mean?On Monday 27 June, Richard Adams, Manager, Safety & Risk Assurance, Safety Quality Environment & Risk, presented to the RTSA.
|17 & 18 May 2016||
ASA Presentation to RTSA's Conference on Railway Excellence 2016, 16-18 May
On Tuesday 17 May and Wednesday 18 May, the ASA presented at CORE 2016.
• Graham Bradshaw, Director, Network Standards and Services (ASA) and Jesse Baker, Manager, Safety and Risk, Rail Industry Safety and Standards Board (RISSB) presented on Doing Standards Smarter: The Power of Collaboration.
• Kenelm Wong, Senior Engineer Rolling Stock Mechanical Systems, Gareth Hughes, Manager, Human Factors and Airdrie Long, Senior Human Factors Specialist, presented on Train Safety in NSW: The Future and an Integrated Engineering, Risk and Human Factors Approach.
• Dave Nolan, Principal Engineer Signalling Systems, presented on Mega Watts - Milli Amps - The contrasting worlds of Traction and Signal engineers.
|23 March 2016||
ASA Update and the AEO Model
A copy of Mark Smith's presentation at the recent Sydney Trains electrical technical forum is now available.
|Presentation (pdf 2.1MB)|
|2 December 2015||
ASA Presentation to 10th RMS Annual Bridge ConferenceOn Wednesday 2 December, Mark Smith, Principal Manager, Industry & Technical Development, presented to the 10th RMS Annual Bridge Conference.
|25 November 2015||
ASA Presentation to AusRail Plus 2015 ConferenceOn Wednesday 25 November, Jim Modrouvanous, Executive Director, presented to the AusRail Plus 2015 Conference.
|17 November 2015||
ASA Presentation to Acoustics 2015 Conference on the 15-18 November 2015On Tuesday 17 November, Serge Vegh, Noise & Vibration Specialist, SEQR, presented to the Acoustics 2015 Conference.
|28 - 30 October 2015||
ASA's Presentation to the Australian Systems Engineering Workshop
The ASEW2015, Australian Systems Engineering Workshop was held from the 28-30 October.
• Jim Modrouvanos, Executive Director of ASA made the Opening address.
• Mark Smith, Principal Manager, Industry & Technical Development presented on Systems Engineering in Action.
• Richard Fullalove, Manager Systems Engineering Process was a part of a panel session on SE Scaling & Tailoring Practices.
|30 September 2015||
ASA Presentation to Consult Australia on the 30 September 2015On Wednesday 30 September, Mark Smith, Principal Manager, Industry & Technical Development, presented to Consult Australia
Presentation (pdf 3.5MB)
|16 June 2015||ASA Presentation to The Warren Centre
||Presentation (pdf 1.6MB)|
|24 - 28 May 2015||ASA Presentation to the Asset Management Conference
|28 May 2015||ASA Presentation to IRSE Sydney Local Meeting
||Presentation (pdf 3.3MB)|
|24 - 26 March 2015||ASA Presentation to RISSB Rail Safety 2015
||Presentation (pdf 1.7MB)|
|5 - 6 March 2015||ASA Presentation to ARA Light Rail 2015 Conference
||Presentation (pdf 1.1MB)|
|25 February 2015||ASA Presentation to RTAA
||Presentation (pdf 1.9MB)|
|23 February 2015||ASA Presentation to RTSA
||Presentation (pdf 1.5MB)|